Yesterday I had a merry Christmas holiday with my good friends in college, Karlina and Ruri. We had *succesfully* made our own Butterbeer. It was actually Ruri’s idea to make this infamous drink from the wizarding world of Harry Potter. I was excited for that idea because I was also curious how Butterbeer tasted like.
Non-alcoholic Butterbeer is basically a mix of butterscotch (caramel sauce) and soda drink. So here’s our own recipe of the cold, non-alcoholic, and non-gingery Butterbeer.
– 1/2 cup of whipping cream
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla powder
How to make it:
– Mix all of the ingredients above (except vanilla powder) in a pan. Stir thoroughly in a small fire during 5 minutes. Turn off the stove and let it cool.
– 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
– milk soda (the authentic recipe actually says ginger ale/ginger soda but we couldn’t find one)
How to make it:
– Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream and two spoons of butterscotch in a glass. Mix thoroughly.
– Pour the milk soda and stir.
– Ready to be served cold.
The Butterbeer was surprisingly tasty (eventhough we didn’t know how the authentic Butterbeer tasted like!). It was sweet, foamy, and really milky. On the other hands, the cold Butterbeer was easy to make and perfect to be served when the weather is hot.
Please note that you can add or reduce the ingredients as you desire (except vanilla powder because it’d make your butterscotch bitter). You can even add garnishes like cinnamon or butterscotch stick. Find the Butterbeer recipe in Geeky Chef.
Adinda S. Rahayu